Why Engaging in Storytelling?
Storytelling has been around as long as humans were. And it has never died and most probably, never will. Perhaps today, when the pretentiousness takes it all, raw-honest storytelling comes as a refreshment. Storytelling is a vital part of life. And, as we all know: the more challenging the situation, the more essential it is.
MCL originally came alive as a virtual storytelling hub, where women (and men) are encouraged to share their stories freely and honestly. Storytelling is not only a self-development tool but also an effective educational medium that empowers others. And this is why we want your story! We believe that everybody has a story to share, and that story needs to be shared!
What stories are we looking for?
– Think about the prompt: ‘I dare to change’
Here are some of your keywords: women, career, careerless, jobs, (anti)feminism, sexual harassment, relationships, moving, studies, choices, relocation, motherhood, entrepreneurship, teenagehood, retirement…
Your Submission Guidelines:
- We are looking for non-fictional personal narratives that are engaging and written with honesty and openness;
- You don’t have to be a writer with publishing credentials, but you should be able to convey your journey through writing;
- We are your place if you are kicking off as a writer. We don’t judge your ‘accent’ (even if English is not your mother tongue), but we value your guts to write!
- Your writing voice should reflect: YOU. Be funny, be sad, be sarcastic, or even offensive. Dare to be free;
- The upper word limit of your work is 1,300 words;
- Submit your work in a .doc format (no .pdf);
- MissCareerLess is currently a non-commercial, online publication. Though we can’t monetize your work (just yet), we do value each of our contributors and all of your work are shared in our social media channels;
- Please send your submission along with a profile picture and a 100 word (or less) biography (should you want to keep your anonymity, no problem, just let us know);
- MissCareerLess reserves the right to reject your work as well as edit manuscripts for grammar or clarity. If a submission requires substantial changes, but we find it a great match, we will kindly ask you to revise it before publishing;
- Once your article is published, we can’t accept requests for rewrites. So read your work carefully before submission!
- We will ALWAYS respond to you. If you don’t hear from us within two weeks, please don’t hesitate to draw our attention to your email again;
And what to do if you happen to be a MAN?
You are more than welcome to submit your work. Make sure you touch upon the same prompt (‘Women, who dare to change’). Challenge our stories, give your story the special angle.
We want to hear from You.
Your story matters to us.
You matter to us.
Do you have the guts to write for us?
Here is your chance:
*Please note that by submitting your work, you agree to the above terms and acknowledge MissCareerLess’ rights to reject or amend your work in line with our visions and policies.