Why writing for us?
If you are here, you are here for a reason already. You are either looking for the magazine to pitch your story ideas to or interested in ‘Women, who Dare to Change‘ and want to engage more.
Apart from storytellers we are looking for regular contributors to our online magazine.
Who are we looking for?
- We don’t check whether your BA is in Journalism but we would love to read a few clips from you;
- You can be an established writer (we would be very happy to have you with us), be an aspiring journalist (yes, for motivation!), or be a person, who always dreamed of becoming a writer, but never got the chance to try herself out.
- If you happen to fall into the last category, don’t stop yourself. We believe in empowering and helping each other. Each month we take on a limited number of mentees, who can pitch an idea, draft their piece and we help them to work on it until it’s ready to be published. Why do we do this? Because we know how hard it is when you don’t get a chance.
- What we need though, is your dedication, motivation, and professionalism. Be curious, be proactive, be alive and then we will be happy to work with you.
What are we looking for?
- Think about the prompt: ‘Women, who dare to change.’
Here are some of your keywords: women, career, careerless, jobs, (anti)feminism, harassment, relationships, moving, studies, choices, relocation, motherhood, entrepreneurship, teenagehood, disability, sickness, travel, retirement…
- Once you got your topic, present it in any of the genres:
- feature articles;
- how-to articles;
- informative articles;
- interviews / profiles;
- photo reports and engaging graphics;
Your Submission Guidelines:
- Your writing voice can be formal, informal, funny, touchy, serious or a great mix of all, but avoid plain and talking English, and avoid emoticons and vulgarism;
- If English is not your mother tongue, make sure you double-check your grammar. But don’t panic, we are not the ones rejecting you for a missed comma.
- Make sure your articles are well-researched, fact-checked and written with care;
- Plagiarism closes the doors for you ever to be published with us;
- Please submit an article with a word count of 800 – 1400 words; if you write a longer piece, think about dividing it into a series;
- Submit your work in a .doc format(no .pdf );
- We accept simultaneous submissions, but please, do let us know immediately when your work has been accepted elsewhere;
- MissCareerLess holds the exclusive first rights to publication, and for the same reason, we do not accept works that were previously published elsewhere (your blog counts as ’published elsewhere’);
- Please send your submission along with a profile picture and a 150 word (or less) biography (should you want to keep your anonymity, no problem, just let us know);
- We will ALWAYS respond to you. If you don’t hear from us within a week, please don’t hesitate to draw our attention to your email again;
Code of Conduct:
By submitting your work, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- MissCareerLess reserves the right to reject your work as well as edit them for grammar or clarity. If a submission requires substantial changes, but we find it a great match, we will kindly ask you to revise it before publishing;
- Once your article is published, we can’t accept requests for rewrites. So read your work carefully before submission!
- MCL is a newly formed start-up, thus, for the time being, our writers are unpaid and voluntary.
Why join us?
- Because we are fun to be around;
- You can be part of something global and enjoy some positive multiculturalism;
- Get freedom in your writing style;
- Build or expand your portfolio;
- you receive personalized article portfolio page;
- Get exposure (your articles are shared in all social media platforms);
- Get feedback, give feedback, be a mentor or be a mentee, have fun, while you do what you love: WRITE!
Our policy is honesty!
Our writing style is fresh and diverse!
Our aim is to spread the real life to real people and produce unique content!
Our target group: women of all ages (But honestly? Men write for us and read us, too)
Do you have the guts to write for us?
Here is your chance: